Everyone Is Jumping Off the Brooklyn Bridge

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Words to Your Mother Poll: From whence the words came

(Whence, incidentally, has nothing to do with "when", but instead means "from where" or "from what origin".)

Thought I'd conduct a little poll, more out of curiosity than anything else.

In the "Words to Your Mother" feature that has essentially taken over "Everyone Is Jumping Off the Brooklyn Bridge", I generally have not stuck to English words, or even for that matter words that are remotely likely to be introduced into English.  So, just out of curiosity, what do you like to see in your word of the day feature?  Do you prefer English-only, or primarily non-English words, or some mixture thereof?

Just to be clear, this isn't an offer to change the content of this blog.  I keep this up more because I enjoy the research than anything, and I'll probably continue to stick with what I find interesting at the moment.  If I ever change that, I don't expect the blog to continue for long.  Besides, I personally think that the mixture sets this apart from other word-of-the-day sites.  However, I would like to know what people think, if only for curiosity's sake.  I suppose that if I'm wavering as to what word to pick, public opinion might sway me slightly one way or t'other.

Perhaps more importantly, I'm curious to see how many regular readers there are in general, so feel free to post a response on this post that says "I have no opinion" or even "Why should I bother posting if you don't plan on changing anything?".  General feedback is welcome as well.

Well, that's all for tonight.

technorati tags:, , , , ,

Blogged with Flock

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home