Everyone Is Jumping Off the Brooklyn Bridge

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Flock: RSS Feeds Part II: The Sequel

Well, I'll take back some of the nasty things I said about Flock's RSS feed reader.  Not that I was that nasty to start with.  Flock seems to be doing a better job of regularly checking my RSS feeds.  I'm still a little leery of its previous reluctance to check my feeds on the promised hourly basis, but it's become far more reliable.

That said, another beef has become a bit more serious.  Now that I'm actually getting my feeds, it's frustrating when feeds I haven't read get marked as read.  This tends to happen when I view a folder full of feeds or a feed I haven't checked in a while (or a feed like digg or Slashdot that gets many stories quickly).   Clicking on the folder or feed will mark all of them read but will only display around 15 headlines.  If I haven't seen it yet, I obviously haven't read it.  A bit frustrating.

This can be tweaked slightly by going to Edit -> Accounts and Services -> News and unchecking "Mark news feeds as viewed when selected from the sidebar", which helps quite a bit.  Unfortunately, if you want to go partway through and read the rest later, you must mark the articles you have read as viewed individually, since "Mark All As Viewed" will mark the ones  that haven't appeared on screen yet.  "Mark All on This Page as Viewed" would be infinitely handy here.

technorati tags:, ,

Blogged with Flock

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home